Lobsters are a great delicacy and super easy to prepare. Our family cooks them for New Year’s Eve and during the SIDS Foundation’s Clause for a Cause fundraiser.
Recipe type: Entree
- 4 live lobsters, 1-2 lbs. each
- 4 quarts boiling water
- 4 tablespoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Put large pot with water, salt and seasonings on burner and bring to a boil.
- Wash lobsters under cold water.
- As soon as water boils plunge lobsters head first into the pot. Cover, and allow water to reboil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 lb. lobsters for 15 minutes, 2 lb. lobsters for 20 minutes.
- Remove and place lobsters in sink until cool enough to handle. Place lobster on it's back and cut in half from head to tail. Remove the stomach (in back of the head) and the intestinal vein that runs from the stomach to the tail.
- Serve with hot melted butter to dip lobster in, lemon to sprinkle on the meat, and claw-crackers to get at the claw meat.