Everyone’s favorite Moroccan dish. Serve with cous cous and a Spanish Rioja.
Chicken with Preserved Lemons and Olives
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 preserved lemons, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ large onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 pounds chicken legs
- ½ cup olives (preferably green)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- Place chicken pieces in pot along with oil, onion, garlic and spices.
- Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover and simmer, until chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add preserved lemons and the olives.
- Increase heat to high; boil uncovered to thicken slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add fresh cilantro.
- Serve with couscous and vegetables.