A friend’s mother made this for us on a hot summer night and I found it deliciously light and refreshing. I doubled the sauce in my version as my family loves it.
Dilled Lemon Chicken
Recipe type: Main
- 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried or 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- Cook chicken in butter in large skillet until lightly browned (about 8 minutes per side).
- Mix wine, lemon juice, salt, and dill; pour over chicken after it is browned. Place lemon slices on chicken.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer chicken until done (about 15 minutes).
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Heat wine mixture to boiling; cook until reduced to about half (about 3 minutes).
- Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with onions.