This is a very easy way to prepare asparagus.
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 pounds fresh thick asparagus
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Break off the tough ends of the asparagus and, if they're thick, peel them. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, then toss to coat the asparagus completely. Spread the asparagus in a single layer and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Roast the asparagus for 25 minutes, until tender but still crisp.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.