Great and and not dry kebabs are matter of using the right meat and pairing it with a great marinade.
Steak and Veggie Kebabs
Recipe type: Main
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds beef sirloin tips, cut into 1½-inch cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1½-inch squares
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1½-inch squares
- 1 zucchini, sliced thickly
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1½-inch squares
- Whisk together oil, Worcestershire, soy sauce, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, brown sugar, and black pepper in a small bowl. Place beef cubes and vegetables in a large resealable plastic bag. Add marinade and seal bag, pressing out as much air as possible. Marinate, refrigerated, for at least 1 and up to 5 hours.
- Thread beef onto skewers, alternating with vegetables.
- Clean and oil the grilling grate. Heat grill grate for 5 minutes.
- Grill skewers until beef is well seared on all sides and center of beef registers between 125-130°F on an instant read thermometer, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer skewers to platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.