This is my all time favorite snack.
Artichokes with Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 4 medium artichokes
- For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 9 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large saucepan two-thirds full of water to a boil over high heat. Add the kosher salt and lemon wedges.
- While the water is heating, trim the artichokes by pulling off the tough outer leaves, trimming the stem flush with the bottom, cutting off the top one-third of the artichoke, and using kitchen shears, trim off any remaining sharp leaf tips. Add the artichokes to the water and partially cover the pan. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook until a sharp knife easily penetrates the base of an artichoke, 45 to 50 minutes.
- When the artichokes are almost done, make the vinaigrette.
- For the vinaigrette, in a bowl put the Dijon mustard, add salt and the lemon juice. When well mixed add the oil and pepper.
- When the artichokes are ready, remove them from the pan and let cool upside down for about 15 minutes. Place on plates next to a bowl of the sauce for dipping.