My husband created this recipe and our kids love it.
Chicken and Bok Choy Stir Fry
Recipe type: Main
- Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon light sesame oil
- 1 lb. boneless chicken thighs cut into ½ inch strips
- 7-10 baby bok choy quartered
- 2 large carrots peeled in strips approx. 3 inch long
- 5-6 green onions diced
- 1 cup mushrooms (if desired)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro (if desired)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic grated or minced
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Stir together all ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 5-7 minutes.
- Add bok choy, carrots, green onions, and mushrooms (if desired). Stir continuously for 3 minutes and then add sauce. Continue cooking until sauce has coated vegetables and chicken and heated through. (Make sure chicken is fully cooked).
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with cilantro (if desired).