Sweet and spicy kabobs when plums are in season.
Grilled Barbecue Pork and Plum Kabobs
Recipe type: Main
- 3 ripe but firm plums, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1½-inch pieces
- ½ cup prepared barbecue sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 red onion, cut into large chunks
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley and thyme
- Prepare a grill for medium heat cooking. In a large bowl, toss plums and pork with barbecue sauce. Add onion and gently toss again. Thread plums, pork and onion onto 8 (8- to 12-inch) skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes first.) Grill kabobs, flipping halfway through, until just charred in parts and pork is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes total.
- Transfer kabobs to a platter, season with salt and scatter herbs over the top. Serve hot with more barbecue sauce on the side.