This is the sandwich I crave when heirloom tomatoes are in season.
Healthier BLAT Sandwich
Recipe type: Main
- ½ pound bacon ( approx. 12 slices)
- 8 slices hearty rye bread
- 8-10 ounces arugula leaves, washed
- 8 slices of ripened heirloom tomatoes
- 8 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 avocadoes, halved and sliced
- Cook bacon until crispy, then drain on paper towels.
- Toast the 8 slices of bread.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayo on each slice of toasted bread.
- Scoop ½ avocado on top of mayo on each bread slice.
- Add 1 handful of arugula to 4 pieces of mayo-spreaded toast.
- Add 2 slices of tomato on top of arugula.
- Arrange 3 slices of bacon evenly on top of tomato (break bacon slices in half to fit, if needed).
- Add a handful of arugula on top of bacon.
- Put the remaining 4 pieces of mayo-spreaded toast on top to finish the sandwiches.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve.