When it’s chili roasting season, I always buy a bunch and make this tasty recipe.
Larry's Green Chili
Recipe type: Main
- 2 pounds pork shoulder, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 4-5 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 quart fresh roasted Hatch or Pueblo green chilies (or 2 small cans), peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, cored/seeded and chopped (if you want it spicy, leave more core and seeds in)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups water or chicken broth
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lime
- Char cubed pork in salted stock pot. Once browned, set aside on a plate.
- Add olive oil, onions and garlic to pot and sauté until softened.
- Add Roma tomatos and chilies.
- Add cilantro, jalapeños, salt, and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Cover with water or chicken broth, lemon juice and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover loosely, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve with white rice or tortillas.