Elsie’s simple meatloaf. Enjoy with a Zinfandel.
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: American Comfort
- 1.5 pounds of ground beef
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together egg, worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper.
- Add the ground beef, celery, onion, green pepper, and oatmeal and mix together with your hands.
- Place contents in a bread loaf pan and drizzle ketchup over top.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.