Nougat aux Amandes et Praliné/Almond Nougat and Praline
- 1 cup (225 gr.) sugar
- 1¼ cup almonds, blanched and chopped
- 2 drops of lemon juice OR 1 tbsp. glucose or a pinch of cream of tartar
- In a heavy iron or copper pan melt the sugar with the glucose, lemon or cream of tartar, stirring the sugar with a spatula.
- When the sugar is melted and takes a blond color, add the chopped almonds and off the heat mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture on a slightly oiled marble surface or a cookie sheet.
- Shape or cut into desired shapes while warm.
- For making praliné, when the nougat is cool, reduce into a powder in a blender.
- Keeps for months in an airtight jar.