Pâte à Baba et à Savarin/Baba and Savarin Dough
Recipe type: Dough
- 2 cups (225. gr.) flour, sifted
- 1 package dry or compressed yeast (15 gr.)
- 5 tbsp. warm milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 8 tbsp. (115 gr.) butter (for baba)
- 12 tbsp. butter (for savarin)
- Sift the flour in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add the yeast diluted in 3 tablespoons of the warm mile.
- Let stand a few minutes.
- Mix these ingredients with a spoon, electric dough hook or your hand, adding the eggs, the salt and the rest of the milk.
- The dough must be elastic.
- Place it in a 2 quart mixing bowl and let rise at room temperature until double in volume.
- Cream the butter and work it into the dough with the sugar until well mixed.
- Butter the savarin mold or small molds.
- Spoon the dough and let rise again until dough reaches the top of the mold.