Pâte à Frire/Fritter Batter
Recipe type: Batter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs (two separated)
- 1 tbsp. oil
- ½ cup beer
- 1 cup milk
- In a bowl mix the flour, oil, 1 whole egg and 2 egg yolks.
- Beat in the beer and milk working with a wire whisk or electric beater.
- Add more liquid if batter is too thick, as it should be rather liquid and not rubbery.
- (In another bowl, beat two remaining egg whites into stiff peaks)
- Just before using (the batter) add the stiffly beaten egg whites.