Sauce au Beurre/Sauce Bâtarde
Recipe type: Sauce
To serve with boiled vegetables and fish.
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 3 cups boiling water
- 5 egg yolks
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt, pepper
- ½ lb. (225 gr.) butter
- Make a roux blond with the flour and butter.
- Add the boiling water and stir with a wire whisk for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the yolks, the cream and the lemon juice.
- Pour the hot mixture into it, mixing constantly.
- Pour back into the saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Off the fire, mix, bit by bit the butter.