Faye Young’s Texas-style scalloped pork chops are another kid favorite – at least they were when I was a kid!
Faye Young’s Scalloped Pork Chops
Recipe type: American Comfort
- 4-6 bone-in pork chops
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 small yellow onions, sliced in slivers
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Fry pork chops in hot oil; quickly place in casserole dish.
- Add a layer of sliced potatoes, onions, and cauliflower on top until the casserole dish is full.
- Over this, pour one cup of milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and cook for one hour at 350.
- Top with grated cheese just before you take it out of the oven.