Shrimp Tom Yum in Coconut Water
Recipe type: Soup
This delicious soup uses coconut water as a base rather than water or stock, making it extra healthy and flavorful.
- 4 Cups Coconut Water
- 2 Stalks Fresh Lemongrass
- 3 Small Slices Fresh Galangal (or ginger)
- 4 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 3 Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon Prik Pao
- 12 Large Shrimp
- 7 Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Shallot, Quartered
- 3 Sliced Leaves Fresh Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 4 Fresh Thai Chili Peppers
- Fresh Cilantro for Garnish
- Wash the prawns and shell them without removing the tails.
- In a medium pot heat coconut water add lemongrass, galangal (or ginger), fresh chile, shallot, tomatoes and lime leaves.
- Bring it to a boil then add mushrooms and shrimps.
- Wait until its back to a boil then season with fish sauce, prik pao and lime juice.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve garnished with cilantro.