I was looking for an easy carnitas recipe and found this authentic version on the website Isabel Eats – I’m partial to that name so I had to try it!
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Tacos
Recipe type: Main
- 2½ pounds pork shoulder (also known as 'pork butt')
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- corn tortillas
- slices of avocado
- cilantro, roughly chopped
- red onion, diced
- slices of lime
- Cut pork should into large 3-4 inch chunks, removing any excess fat.
- Place pork in slow cooker.
- Combine all other ingredients in slow cooker.
- Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until very tender.
- When tender, pull apart with a fork.
- Serve on warm corn tortillas and top with onions, cilantro, avocado slices and lime juice.